The insanely witty Jennifer aka “Full Spectrum Mama” has graciously nominated me for the Liebster Award.
This award was created "by bloggers- for bloggers". The object is to nominate those who have written amazing blogs in order to honor the blogger and spread the love.
And so, without further adieu, here are the rules.
THE RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
1. THANK YOUR NOMINATOR:
Thank you, Jennifer Brunton, for nominating me for this award. I feel as if you have been right there beside me throughout this blogging adventure. Your blog was the first one that I read after my son’s diagnosis where I was actually able to laugh. You have a way of adding humor to each of your posts without lessoning the impact of your message. I always come away with a new perspective after reading your work. Thanks for sharing Full Spectrum Mama with the world. We are all better for it
2. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS GIVEN BY THE NOMINATOR
1. On a scale of 1-10, how seriously do you take yourself? (How do you feel about that?)
I’m going to give myself an 8- as in way more seriously than I probably should. How do I feel about that? Honestly, I envy those Type 2 “go with the flow” people who laugh easily and often. I’d love to know their secret.
2. Let it go or get it done?
See question one. Get it done.
3. All-expenses paid vacation with free and actually effective childcare, where appropriate/necessary: what are the details – where, what, etc - for you and yours?
This is a tough one. There are so many places that I’d love to explore. I’d probably say a tour of Europe- for as long as I could. I’d make the rounds- Ireland, England, France, Italy, Greece. So much history- so much beauty!
4. What is the thing you worry about most?
Mainly if the decisions that I am making for my son are the right ones. I constantly think and rethink decisions I make on his behalf.
5. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I love being a teacher, in the sense that I can pass on something that I have learned to others and to have the privilege of watching the "lightbulb moment" happen. I love seeing the impact that my support has on others.
6. Off the top of your head, what are your four best-loved books?
1) Little Women
2) Les Miserables
3) Laura Ingalls “Little House” series
4) Where The Red Fern Grows
7. Same for movies?
1) See above
2) Shawshank Redemption
3) Harry Potter series
4) Princess Bride
8. Three last meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner (this includes dessert, duh): go!
Breakfast- waffles with blueberries
Lunch- leftover chicken avocado wrap from Longhorn
Steakhouse (I'm on vacation)
Dinner- chicken salad sandwich and cheddar bacon potato. Cherries for dessert.
9. What do you miss from the past?
Time with family and friends
10. What are you looking forward to today?
Catching up with said family and friends J
2. NOMINATE OTHER BLOGGERS
1) Full Spectrum Mama has nominated all of my Sensory Blog Hop blogger buddies, but I’d like to thank The Jenny Evolution for our monthly blog hop sessions. I’ve learned so much from these ladies and appreciate the opportunity to share my thoughts with others every month.
2) Jasmine, my cousin extraordinaire at Coffee and Defibrillators. You are a survivor and an inspiration. I wouldn’t be blogging if it weren’t for you!
3) My old friend Linzey at Seiber Photography. Not only are your photos amazing, but I love your passion for creating sensory-friendly photo sessions for individuals with special needs.
4) My friend and colleague Jen- aka the “Go To” Teacher. You are funny and brilliant and I always learn so much from you!
5) A fellow autism mom over at Momtisms. Her witty stories of her boys keeps me laughing every day while reminding me that I am not alone.
4. CREATE TEN NEW QUESTIONS FOR YOUR NOMINEES:
Here are mine. Ready...and....go!
1) What book are you currently reading?
2) If you could spend 24 hours with one person (living or otherwise) who would it be?
3) What is your favorite saying or expression?
4) What is your biggest pet peeve?
5) Which of your accomplishments makes you the proudest?
6) If you won a major lottery today, what’s the first thing you would do?
7) Who inspires you most as a writer or artist and why?
8) If you could wave your wand and change one thing, what would it be?
9) What’s one thing that very few people know about you?
10) If you could choose one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it?