Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 5: Acceptance is an act of Faith




Today is Easter Sunday.

Easter may mean different things to each of you, but this is what is means to me.

Easter is so much more than eggs and chocolate bunnies.

To me, is a story of love.

It is a story of sacrifice and of victory.

A Father’s sacrifice of his Son so that we may be free.

A Son’s sacrifice of his life in exchange for our sins.

And, ultimately, a Savior who faced and overcame death so that death would no longer have a hold over us.

His sacrifice was made long ago, and yet those of us who believe accept the price that He paid on faith.

Accepting this on faith is the very key to our salvation.

I have no physical evidence of this sacrifice, and yet still I believe.

For me, faith is about acceptance in the absence of physical proof.

In the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, “Faith is taking the first step, even when you can’t see the whole staircase.”

Walking in faith is not always easy for me.

Faith is something that my Type A personality cannot control.

I have learned to let go and accept things as they are.

I have learned to accept that my son for who he is, without the need to change him into someone who he is not.

Acceptance is not resignation.

It is not giving in or giving up.

It is letting go of the fight against things that cannot change.

And when I let go and accept, then I am truly free.

I accept my child for who he is.


I have faith that God will take care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment here.