Friday, January 2, 2015

Top 10 Posts of 2014


For my very first post of 2015, I thought I would start by looking back and remembering the posts of 2014.

It has been a busy and exciting first year for my blog, with close to 7,000 views this year from people all over the world!

These top 10 posts are based on those most often read by YOU.

So here they are, counting down from 10 to 1...

10.  A Kindergarten Dream Come True
Ben entered kindergarten for the first time this year, and, after worrying about finding right classroom environment for him, I hit the teacher lottery and found him an inclusion classroom where he is thriving!



So, what is it like to raise a child on the autism spectrum?  This parenting experience is as varied as the spectrum itself, but what follows is my top 10 list.



8.  An Open Letter to Ben's Soccer Coach
This year Ben tried soccer for the first time.  We told his coach that he would most likely act very differently from the other players on his team, but she never wavered from including him in every way that she could.  This post is a letter of thanks to her.


Another soccer post!  I wrote this during Ben's second soccer season, as I watched him out on the field and wondered about his future.


This post was a life-changer for me.  It describes the five stage grieving process I passed through during the past year as I came to terms with Ben's autism and entered a place of acceptance. It's important to understand that I did not grieve for my son.  Instead, I had to let go of the fantasy son I had held inside since he was born so that I could truly embrace the uniquely wonderful child that he is.  And when I was able to accept this new reality, my life truly changed for the better!


Ben has never been much of a fan of vegetables, but this summer, he discovered a love of gardening, and, amazingly, his eating habits started to change.


This post is all about my favorite time of the day....snuggle time!  


I promised myself that on my son's first day of kindergarten, I was not going to be that mom who cried and worried about her child all day.  So, rather than focusing on my son that first day, I went off to work and kept watch over other people's children.  This is my letter to the mother of a little boy very much like mine.  



This post has always been one of my most popular ones.  It was the first post I wrote, and it describes my thoughts and feelings a year after my son received his autism diagnosis.  It was the reason I started writing this blog.


And, last but not least, my most popular post of 2014 is...

This post brings the expression "you can either laugh or cry" to mind.  Apparently many of you can relate to my...rotten..experience!



So that's the Top 10 list.  Thanks to all of my faithful readers who have encouraged me on this blogging journey.  Which posts were your favorites this year?  Did they make the final list?  Please comment and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment here.